( Read more... )
( Read more... )
A part of me feels a little guilty because another old friend of mine lives out in Edmonton and so far I have basically been avoiding talking to her about my trip... Last year she and I met up and she joined me at the festival and we spent time together etc. But this year... I've yet to actually contact her about making any concrete plans. Honestly, I'm not planning on seeing her at all. I'm going straight to the festival for 4 nights, and from there spending another 2 nights with my love at his home before flying back to Ottawa. But she's done some dumb things lately, and I do NOT get along with her new fiance - one of those dumb things in my opinion - and well... I just would rather avoid her. I'm really going out there for my love and the festival anyway, not her, and I'm under no obligation to spend time with her.
But yeah... I'm really stoked for these 2 weeks. First I'll spend 6 days in Alberta, then come home and the weekend after I will be going to the Eclipse Festival. It's just going to be mad fun, I know it. Dancing outdoors is just going to be sooo fantastic. Indoor raves are great, but when you're outside you have so much more space to dance, things just sound so clearer and more real... it's an experience in and of itself.
And not to seem bland and talk about the weather but wow... it's been in the 30's for days now, and is supposed to stay this way another week. It's been reaching into the 40's with humidity and it's really killer heat. I still prefer the heat over winter any day though... but thank goodness for AC!
Okay, so I'm doing it again. IT DOESN'T MATTER. My prior logic still stands according to the acronym. I break no rules! So, here we go!
- Father Death! No I am not obsessed with the reaper. This is the screen name belonging to the man I am deeply in love with... and I'd rather not use his real name, heh.
- White peaches. Seriously, have you eaten those? Because they are so delicious and so much better than regular old yellow fleshed peaches.
- LUSH's Blonde shampoo. It smells wonderful, lathers great, is vegan and environmentally friendly and it makes my hair lighter to boot!
- Def Leppard's song Excitable. I've known and loved it for years but it's one of my current favourites at the moment.
- Walking along the Rideau Canal. I've taken to strolling there every other day at lunch time and it's quite pleasant.
- Wearing lilies in my hair. They're in bloom right now in a lot of the flower beds and I've taken to picking a flower and wearing it tucked behind my ear most afternoons. It makes me feel summery and pretty and it's nice.
So I realize it's usually Things I Love Thursdays, but I have Thursday off work for Canada Day this week and I am most likely going to spend that day in a stoned stuppor and my blog will be the last thing I think about! Haha... And it's Tuesday today so it still makes the acronym work and that is my excuse. So here we go!
- My animals! I am absolutely in love with my pets. I've been looking at photos of them while at work and it just makes me want to run home and snuggle them and appreciate their wonderfulness.
- This dress I purchased on Etsy and am now awaiting in the mail: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/30542958
- Mexican food! I've eaten at both Pancho Villa and Ahora here in Ottawa within the last month and I am just in love with Mexican food. It's obviously not authentic but it's still so tasty.
- Sweet, sweet Mary Jane. ;D
- Marinating chicken! I've taken to baking chicken breasts in the oven, wrapped in tin foil and slathered in BBQ sauce or some other sort of delicious flavour topping. It comes out so moist and flavourfull and delicious.
- These sandles: http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/women/
sandals/fashion-flats/77865985-seeta/22 They are sooo comfortable and finally are a pair that do not give me blisters after 5 minutes!
Here's the little hoggie in question. Mommy's little darling. :)
I've been reading blogs like mad lately, especially a select few with which I've become quite enamored. The writers are all absolutely wonderful women. It started off months ago with a curious desire for hippie clothing and finding fashion blogs, and turned into my obsession with reading about fashion and shopping vintage and... Well anyway. They've all greatly impacted me in many ways, style-wise and life-wise. These are different women from around the globe, from New Zealand to California. You should really check out their blogs - and their Etsy shops if they have one! - and see for yourself how wonderful it is to read their words. Here they are, with an accompanying photo of the wonderful author behind each blog.
The Girl Who Married a Bear
A Cat of Impossible Colour
Moonshine Junkyard - Her Etsy Shop
All This Happiness
A Cup Full of Sunshine - Her Etsy Shop
Sally Jane Vintage - Her Etsy Shop
Look into my eyes, you will love the gecko! Haha...
Anyhow, that's all for now. Enjoy the Crestie! :D
It is ridiculously warm right now here in Ottawa, and a lot of other places too. Today is so hot, actually, that they're giving a Heat Warning and telling people to conserve water. It most definitely does not feel like May right now. Especially considering that just a little over two weeks ago, while I was at my parents' for Mother's Day, there was 4 inches of snow on the ground! Mother Nature cannot seem to make up her mind. It's currently 27'C but feels like 34'C, and it's supposed to go up to 33'C while feeling like 40'C. There have actually been designated "cooling centres" set up in Ottawa and Toronto, to help people with nowhere cool to go.
I wouldn't mind the heat so much either if I actually had Air Conditioning in my apartment. My rental company comes and installs the A/C every spring and removes it in the fall but this heat wave took us all by surprise and I'm still waiting. I am not happy either, because they were calling for this heat as far away as early last week. That should still have been enough time.
And I live in a tiny 3rd floor attic apartment! It was so hot last night, I was hallucinating, falling in and out of sleep. The only way I managed to get actual slumber was by soaking my head in cold water and wetting all my hair to try and cool down. I checked one of the snake's thermometers and it read 38C/101F. That's unbelievable. And unlivable. I actually had to bring my two Crested Geckos to a friend's with AC because they would have died staying in my apartment. That's how damn bad it is.
I called my rental company again today, asking when I would get my AC, and he said he would remind the maintenance guy about it and that he had placed the work order the week before. If I don't have it when I get home tonight... I'll be staying the night at a friend's, because I can't take that heat again another night, I just can't. And I feel so bad for my little animals. I'm responsible for them and this heat is difficult to take. Especially for the cat and the rats. They have fur, which makes it worse. It was so hot yesterday, my cat was actually panting, the poor little guy.
I really hope my AC is installed when I get home from work tonight. I really, really hope so.
I got this idea from the really nifty blog Vintage Vivant. It's just a random post about things you love, that you do on a Thursday. And I quite love the the idea, so I'm making it the first thing on my list ;)
- TILT - Things I Love Thursdays!
- Going out for ice cream with friends and driving around
- Doing hand sewing, with a python resting on my chest
- Surprising a friend from behind when you catch them on the sidewalk
- Knowing the weather is nice enough that I can go eat lunch in the park and stroll around the streets now
- Wearing my vintage 70's dress that I ordered all the way from California!
- The Bird and The Bee's newest album Interpreting the Masters Volume 1: A Tribute to Daryl Hall and John Oates
I'm reaching that breaking point again. Where everything has me being jumpy, I'm anxious and jittery. Everything sets me off or makes me angry. Especially just humans. Anybody coming in to the library at work, their mere presence, angers me. For no other reason than that they are there. That's not normal.
I just want things to change, but I'm stuck waiting. I'm seriously thinking about a new path, involving different work, but I would need someone who owns a home to co-sign for me and I don't know anybody who owns a house. Feh. I don't know what I'm going to do if that's something they really, really need. I'm meeting with people about this next Tuesday... we'll see.
I'm trapped here for another two and a half hours... then I can go home. I can't wait to just be back in my apartment. Even if I am in a state where the cat simply meowing stresses me out, at least I wouldn't have to deal with humans. Plus I can smoke and relax and play video games - which for some reason I am apparently amazing at while stoned - and... imagine things aren't as they are.
Life sucks. Blah.
( Read more... )
If I was a month, I'd be June.
If I was a piece of furniture, I'd be a comfortable chair.
I missed the ripe time for life though... the 60's and the 70's are long gone.
I know someone who wants to do just that, too. Maybe we can figure something out, eh?
( Read more... )
( Read more... )
I've been to a few more raves, the large one (Time in the Technosphere) taking me to Montreal with some friends. Another totally trippy experience... I didn't mention the rave I went to at New Years either, but that changed me. This whole new scene and the people in it... it's like I'm discovering a whole new side to myself.
Like the person I am and should be is finally coming out and being born. A while back I used the metaphor of being a caterpillar turning into a moth... well I've got my crysalis now and the little moth inside it is being born. I wonder when and what will come when the crysalis finally opens...
It might sound silly, but I'm really digging this whole hippie lifestyle I seem to be falling into. It's really mellow and chill and friendly and that's just totally right on and appealing to me.
So yeah, part of my silence now is because I go to a lot of raves, and spend a lot of my time high and giggling about stupid things, without the proper concentration to be writing blog posts. And I like it that way.